Final survey report
The results from the two rounds of the Delphi survey conducted along the development of the RISC project show that the respondents from Latin America (LA) found that in LA the inflection points are similar to the ones identified in USA and EU, and they are clearly identified.
The only difference is that, while EU and USA are moving to exascale, the LA is trying to move to petascale…
Latin America HPC Mapping and Clustering
RISC project has been able to identify that some of the agreed EU-CELAC Action Plan 2013-2015 key areas match very closely the priority areas and research clusters identified during the two year of the project. In addition, from national priorities of each country as well as the survey results and the additional questionnaires concerning the Green Paper and EU-LA opportunities we can firmly identify and recommend four major research clusters.…
RISC conducted successfully four training events in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and Mexico
With a large attendance, RISC conducted successfully four training events in Latin America. The main learning achievements of the participants were the acquisition of a specific HPC programming technology and a practical know how, and the identification of regional scientific leaders.
After the analysis of each one of these succesful events, the consortium extracted some lessons to improve the following event. Among others, we can mention that knowledge sharing…
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The RISC project aims at deepening strategic R&D cooperation between Europe and Latin America in the field of High Performance Computing (HPC) by building a multinational and multi-stakeholder community that will involve a significant representation of the relevant HPC R&D European and Latin American actors (researchers, policy makers, users). RISC will identify common needs, research issues and opportunities for cooperative R&D on HPC between EU and Latin America in the transition to multi-core architectures across the computing spectrum and relevant programming paradigms, algorithms and modelling approaches, thus setting the basis for the formulation of a global strategy for future research.
Contact : email@example.com
RISC project objectives :
- Deepening strategic R&D cooperation between Europe and Latin America in the field of High Performance Computing (HPC) by building a multinational and multi-stakeholder community through capacity building, awareness building, networking and training events
- Assessing the ICT collaboration potential for the two regions – EU and Latin America
- Producing a Green Paper on High Performance Computing and Suprcomputing Drivers and Needs in Latin America
- Producing a Roadmap for High Performance Computing and Supercomputing strategic R&D in Latin America
- Identifying strategic research clusters in order to foster targeted research collaboration in these areas;
- Enhancing HPC R&D policy dialogue between policy makers and stakeholders from EU and Latin American HPC communities
The Targeted Areas where RISC will devote its research are:
- Computational Biology (includes but not limited to: advanced modeling of the genome, genome sequencing, modeling of epidemics, etc.);
- Oil Exploration Advanced Modeling (includes but not limited to: advanced computational methods and techniques for oil exploration, etc)
- Natural Disasters Modeling and Simulation ( Includes but not limited to: Hurricane a Catastrophe Modelling, Air Pollution Modelling, etc.)
- HPC and Supercomputing – driver for Innovation ( Innovation and HPC, etc.
- Other research topics of interest for industry and academia requiring HPC and Supercomputing.
Expected Results :
- Green Paper on High Performance Computing and Supercomputing Drivers and Needs in Latin America
- Roadmap of High Performance Computing and Supercomputing strategic R&D in Latin America
- Strategic research clusters established;
- Fully functioning network focusing on activities to support and to promote coordination of the HPC and Supercomputing research between Europe and Latin America
Photos Reunión Anual de la Red Iberoamericana de Supercómputo / Meeting of the Iberoamerican Network in Supercomputing – RISC 2013
Se puede encontrar las fotos en Facebook (enlace publico) You can find the pictures in Facebook (public album)
NLHPC Symposium 2013
Please find below the flyer and additional information about the International Symposium NLHPC 2013 “Innovation at the frontier of HPC” which was held 21st-23rd October 2013 in Chile NLHPC 2013 Flyer http://www.nlhpc.cl/symposium-nlhpc-2013/ http://www.cmm.uchile.cl/?p=19350
H2020: Challenges and opportunities for HPC, RISC Workshop, Mexico 25-27 November 2013
Risc Final event in México. More info at : http://www.risc-project.eu/events/h2020-challenges-and-opportunities-for-hpc-risc-workshop-mexico-25-27-november-2013/